From Spoken Word To Sheet Music // Brian Foo
- NYPL Transcript Editor
- Open sourced here: https://github.com/NYPL/transcript-editor
- "Spoken word into sheet music" Example: https://github.com/beefoo/still-i-rise
- Used Kaldi to get data down to the phoneme level of a word
- After that, used Praat, another open source tool for phonetic analysis of speech.
- It can extract pitch and intensity and what is called "voice pulses."
- Lilypond, another OSS tool for "engraving music" Blog post on Still I Rise project: https://medium.com/@beefoo/still-i-rise-from-spoken-word-to-sheet-music-c8024911771e